Go on a guided hike with archaeological experts to Montezuma Castle, Montezuma Well, and Tuzigoot National Monument
Make your reservations by clicking HERE to go to our TripAdvisor Experiences page
Adults (Ages 18+): $125
Children (Ages 10-17): $100
Please note: we require a minimum booking of 2 people for this tour
5 to 6 Hours including lunch break (please bring a lunch)
Where Will We Go?
First: Montezuma Castle National Monument - Visiting well-preserved Ancestral Puebloan cliff dwellings used by Sinagua from 1100-1400s
Second: Montezuma Well - This is a natural limestone sinkhole that contains Sinagua dwellings used in the 8th century.
Third: Tuzigoot National Monument - This monument is a 2- to 3-story pueblo on the summit of a limestone and sandstone ridge with 110 rooms built in 1125.
- Tours are in the Verde Valley near Sedona
- Highest hike goes to 3,500 ft (1,067 m)
- Transportation is provided to and from The Collective in the Village of Oak Creek, south of Sedona, for groups of at least four. Otherwise, meet at the Verde Valley Archaeology Center, 385 S. Main St., Camp Verde, AZ 86322.
- If you have fewer than 4 people on a tour and would like to discuss pickup, please call the office 567-0066.
What to Bring Recommendations
- We encourage participants to bring snacks (trail mix or fruit) & a box lunch.
- We provide bottled water.
- Sun protection including hats and sunscreen year round.
- Hiking poles are available for your use.
- Closed-toed-shoes required
We reserve the right to deny participation to anyone with
inappropriate footwear that we deem to be a safety issue.
Prohibited Items Include:
- Fire Arms
- Cigarettes, Cigars, E-Cigarettes
- Glass Containers