Gift of Stock and Appreciated Assets
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for one year or more to the Verde Valley Archaeology Center.
- The Verde Valley Archaeology Center sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
The material presented on this Web site is not offered as legal or tax advice.
Read full disclaimer.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- Giving appreciated stock could be more beneficial than giving cash.